Sunday 24 March 2013

1st - 5th placings at Mountbatten

5 of the girls raced at Mountbatten circuit today, hosted by Omega Racing Club, myself, Laura, Hannah, Jenny and Ellie.  We were given our own race as there were more than 10 riders.  Being a short race at 30minutes plus 3 laps we decided to dictate the race by attacking as we had strength in numbers.  A few attacks were launched from the off and it was after a few laps that an attack that I launched stuck....unfortunately I found myself alone!  And that is how I stayed for the next 20minutes as I chipped away at the distance between me and the back of the bunch.  I finally gained a lap with roughly 5 minutes left of racing.  A brief lap back in the bunch and Ellie attacked which I followed to help her out.  Hannah also made the break and so the three of us stayed clear until the end of the race securing the podium placings.  It was down to Jenny and Laura in the bunch and it was Laura who started an early sprint with a lap to go to hold the bunch off and Jenny coming in soon behind her.  This was a true show of dominance in team-working rules all!
Well done to all the girls who rode today and another great display of team-work.

Maz and Ellie in the final break


Maz winning
Preliminary Results:
1. Marianne Britten
2. Ellie Gilham
3. Hannah Manley
4. Laura Clode
5. Jenny Hudson

Full results to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment